The transmission is one of the most integral and complex parts of your vehicle. The transmission contains multiple complex hydraulic systems that transfer energy to your car to make it move. Many of the newer transmission systems include computerized systems to help with front wheel drive. The computerized systems make fixing any transmission issues quite difficult. It’s important to take your vehicle into an automotive repair shop for regular tune-ups to ensure that your transmission is working efficiently.
Transmission Warning Signs I Should Look For
Total transmission failure can cost thousands and require you to overhaul the entire engine of your car. Here is a list of warning signs that your transmission may not be working properly:
- Fluid leaks. If you see any fluid on your driveway, it may be time to take your car into a repair shop. Transmission fluid helps to allow your car’s engine to shift gears while you press on the accelerator. The transmission fluid is usually red and has a tart smell. Transmissions do not burn up fluids the way your engine does, so if your transmission is curiously low, you may have a leak. A leak can be caused by the following:
- Worn seals or gaskets
- The disconnection of important hoses due to recent repair
- A loose transmission pan/pan leak
- Indicator Light Comes on. If your engine or transmission light comes on, this may mean that your engine is too hot. When your warning lights activate, make sure to check the transmission fluid and engine coolant levels.
- Listen to what sounds your car is making. Commonly, when you hear a whining, buzzing, or humming noise accompanied with feeling the car shift as you speed up can mean that you are experience a transmission issue.
- Check your transmission fluid. When you’re checking your transmission or engine coolant levels, insert dipstick, pull it out and wipe clean. Then examine where the level of fluid is on the dipstick. To ensure an accurate reading, repeat process and examine once more. If the fluid level is not between the markers “full” and “add,” you may need more fluid.
Questions About Car Repairs?
If you’ve experience any of the warning signs listed above, you should take your vehicle into a repair shop. A professional mechanic can assess the issues with your vehicle. Silver Star Motors is the Sacramento area’s oldest and most experienced full-service automotive repair and service center for manual transmission Mercedes Benz automobiles. Our technicians are trained and experienced in Mercedes-Benz maintenance and service. Contact us today at 916-318-9445 to schedule a maintenance appointment.
Anyone that purchases a high-performance manual transmission BMW is well aware of the sizable investment they are making. These performance machines have a high level of design and craftsmanship behind them. They also come with maintenance perks allows an owner to enjoy increased time between scheduled maintenance of a BMW. Nevertheless, scheduled maintenance of a manual transmission BMW is something that needs to be done to keep them on the road.
If your BMW has a manual transmission, it is something that needs to be serviced regularly. The manual transmission allows your car’s engine to spin the wheels of your BMW. It is a complex piece of equipment. If your car’s transmission does not function, your car will not move. Therefore, it is critical that you service your manual transmission at least once every 24,000 miles.
If your manual transmission fluid level is low, it definitely needs to be serviced. This indicates there is a leak somewhere because the manual transmission does not consume transmission fluid. Again, services necessary. If you hear a clanking sound whenever you shift gears there is a problem with the transmission. If your manual transmission BMW is noisy when it is in neutral you definitely need to have it looked at.
An owner of a manual transmission BMW should pay attention to these warning signs and other indications that the manual transmission might be in trouble. You can prevent more costly repairs by immediately servicing the transmission when it is letting you know there is a problem.
Manual Transmission BMW Maintenance Experts
Silver Star Motors is the Sacramento Area’s oldest and most experienced full-service automotive repair and service center for manual transmission BMW automobiles. Our technicians are trained and experienced in BMW maintenance and service We cater to our customer’s unique needs and ensure the very best craftsmanship and customer service. We take pride in our work and back our repairs with warranties. Call us today at 916-318-9445 to schedule a manual transmission BMW maintenance appointment.