Top 5 Common BMW Problems and Repairs
Many people are under the impression that BMWs lack reliability, however, this simply isn’t true. In fact, there are scores of people who will not buy anything else after they have owned a BMW. The main issue in most BMWs that lack reliability is that the owner does not properly maintain it. Just like other makes of vehicles, there are common BMW problems that many owners face.
As with all automobiles, some models provide a higher level of reliability than others. When on the hunt for a car, you’ll want to make sure you research reviews and comparisons of the BMW models you are interested in. You can find plenty of information online through consumer reviews, manufacturers, dealerships, and other reliable sources.
Before purchasing a BMW, you should see how much maintenance may be involved and what the common BMW problems are with that particular model that owners often have to deal with. Below are the top 5 common BMW problems and repairs faced by owners of BMWs.
- Electrical Problems: Some BMW owners report malfunctions in the electrical system su as windshield wiper regulators.
- Window Functionality Problems: One of the most common BMW problems occurs most often with the E46 model. The window regulator clips might break and cause slow-moving or stuck windows. If this occurs the window regulator clips will need to be replaced.
- Power Door Locks: Doors not unlocking remotely is another one of the common BMW problems reported by owners.
- Engine Management Components: Fuel injectors, ignition modules, and the clutch need to be replaced after an extended period of time in many models.
- Wheel Alloy Issues: When 19-inch alloy rims run flat, the alloy is prone to cracking which can slowly cause a tire puncture over time.
Choosing A BMW Repair Shop That Specializes in common BMW Problems
It is important to remember that your BMW is a huge investment. The more time and care that you devote to it, the longer it will remain on the road. It will also help preserve its resale value Neglecting and abusing your car are sure ways to cause damage and lose money on your investment.
If you encounter one of the common BMW problems listed or need some other issue fixed, it is critical that you turn to a reliable, high-quality BMW repair shop. At Silver Star Motors, we take care of your BMW as if it is our own. No matter what BMW problems you are having or what repairs need to be done, we are able to address them and get your car back on the road. Call Silver Star Motors today for assistance with common BMW problems, repairs, and how we can help.